Flamenco for Toddlers
Flamenco is not offered at this time
LIPP Schools is proud to offer Flamenco classes for toddlers. Flamenco is a beautiful form of dance originated from Spain that is rich in folk art and culture. It encompasses cante (singing), toque (guitar playing), baile (dance), jaleo (vocalizations), palmas (hand-clapping) and pitos (finger snapping).
Flamenco Dance class gives young children a world of developmental benefits and a fun way to learn about Spanish History, culture & language.
Please call the School to find out about days and times Flamenco is offered.
- Provide a balance & sequential program for the study of flamenco arts that will expose children to this important expression of Spanish culture.
- Teach children the basics of flamenco rhythm, percussive hand clapping and heelwork.
- Allows children to explore and expand their own movement capabilities through flamenco techniques such as posture, arm movements and hand movement.
- Create an environment that will promote the psychological health & creative imagination of children by allowing them to express their own emotions through flamenco song & dance.
- Improved physical coordination, strength, kinesthetic memory, and listening skills.
- Social awareness, interaction and cooperation within the group dynamic.
- Knowledge and understanding of a different culture and language through Flamenco music, movement & vocabulary.
- Self-confidence and a sense of accomplishment in successfully executing new skills.
- Greater self-esteem that will encourage children to meet future challenges in other areas.
Meet LIPP’s Flamenco Instructor